Landscape design is a combination of the elements of science and art in order to create an aesthetic, functionally, yet pleasing extension of both the indoor and outdoor living. It is definitely a part of the landscape architecture, allowing you space as well as design in order to reflect creativity. Landscape design is a man-made exercise, but it has the purpose of blending technology with the wonders of nature.
On the other hand, in order to become a landscape designer, an individual must have this working knowledge of design principles as well as art elements. Although this is considered as an architectural field, the landscape design has its aesthetic value. The elements of art are also included, yet they are not limited to the texture, form, line, scale and even with color. Such elements are not independent of each other, yet their individual natures must also be dealt with proper care prior to interactions.
The landscape design is a multi-disciplinary field, which includes within its fold science, mathematics, art, engineering, philosophy and of course technology. The scale, color, form, line and the texture are the tools used to adjust the design of the landscape itself. A good landscape designer will tell you that their design principles always include balance, unity, transition, rhythm, proportion and simplicity.
What does a landscape designer do?
1. They form, scale and cite new development.
2. They provide facilities for the Greenways, public parks, theme parks and more.
3. They work on housing areas, industrial parks and even with commercial developments.
4. They work on tow design, city squares, as well as pedestrian schemes.
5. Landscape designers work on environmental assessment, planning advance as well as with the land management proposals.
6. They also work in coastal and offshore developments, historic landscapes, gardens and more.
Essential pointers on landscape design
• Unity- unity is obtained by using the component effectively. It is a good way to express a main idea through style. It is also emphasized by the consistency of the character between the landscape units.
• Balance- it is a highly needed component referring to the equality of the visual attraction. He symmetrical balance will always be achieved when both sides are equally the same. There should be a distinct dividing line between the sides.
• Colors- the colors must be combined into the schemes for practical applications. Three basic color schemes are complementary, analogous and monochromatic.
If you want to be a good landscape designer, or that you’re looking for one, make sure that you or that person always consider these pointers in mind.